What Is SHARE?
SHARE (Share Holdings And Resources Easily) is a cooperative project to facilitate staff-initiated interlibrary loans among participating Illinois library automation consortia. SHARE was at one time known as the LANDL (Live And Learn) Project.
Participating consortia provide access to their online catalogs:
- Pinnacle Library Cooperative
What does SHARE Offer?
- All libraries that belong to a participating SHARE consortium can place holds and interlibrary loan requests at no charge in the automation systems of all other SHARE consortia.
- You still maintain control of your holdings. Each owning library may restrict holds on specific materials as necessary by configuring its automation system parameters.
- It's convenient. Each library in a participating consortium shall be assigned one barcode that is used by all SHARE consortia.
- The SHARE Website (http://www.shareillinois.info) provides members access to valuable resources such as:
- Links to members' online catalogs
- Training material on how to access each member's catalog
- Contact information
- Links to useful sites and documents such as: the Resource Sharing Directory in the Library Learning (L2) site, the ILLINET Interlibrary Loan Code, and the ILDS Delivery Label.
- With a click of the mouse, you’ll have the resources of over 500 libraries available at your fingertips, and a collection spanning well over 1,000,000 items.
- SHARE is a powerful borrowing instrument that helps your library better serve your patrons.
Where Can I Find Out More?
For more details about SHARE and the benefits of membership, contact Anne Slaughter at the Reaching Across Illinois Library System.
The SHARE website is hosted by the Reaching Across Illinois Library System. For more information about the site, or to request a link, contact Anne Slaughter.